Dear Sophie, We all strive for well-balanced, healthy lifestyles, but sometimes life gets in the way and old habits creep back into our routines. What are some of your tips and tricks for staying balanced for the long-haul? – Bailey44
[Sophie:] Unhealthy routines can be tempting. Starting your day or week off on the right foot completely sets the tone for what’s to come. Here are a few of my healthy life hacks for keeping energized, balanced and on track with becoming my best self.
- Make 5 minutes to meditate (it’s worth it). Set aside time to meditate, even if you have only 5-10 minutes (for all you working mamas). It’ll keep you centered and help you let go of negative energy and stress.
- Keep a journal. Putting pen to paper can be eye-opening. Make a few minutes each day to jot down your thoughts. It can surprise you and often lead you to life-changing revelations.
- Sweat every day. Make time to move your body and sweat every day. Not only does it release feel-good endorphins, but (since skin is our largest organ) it also improves our digestion and detoxifies our body. If I don’t have time for a proper workout at a studio or gym, I may go for a long walk with my dog, do some yoga in my living room or hit the steam room. Exercising is like a reset button.
- Sip a green smoothie or juice. This is a must! This single meal is packed with so many nutrients to make you feel complete.
- Get in some girltalk. I talk to a close girlfriend every single day, even if it’s just a mama friend for 10 minutes while we’re taking care of our children. I’m a very intimate friend and need to connect with my soul sisters to feel in tune with my best self.